Don your apron, reach for the rolling pin and fire up the oven! The Great British Bake Off is back and as always we’re inspired to get in the kitchen and bake a generous batch of biccies.
Why not get in the kitchen and bake this bank holiday weekend? We’ve included this easy-peasy recipe for you to try!
You will need ›
- 250 g butter,
- 140 g caster sugar,
- 1/2 tsp salt,
- 1/2 tsp baking powder,
- 300 g plain flour,
- 1 egg yolk,
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 190ºC (gas mark 5).
2. Sift together plain flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
3. Mix in butter and blend until mixture is crumbly. Stir in egg yolk and vanilla essence. Blend well. Chill dough for one hour for better cookies.
4. Regularly sprinkle work surface and your stamp with flour.
5. Separate dough into golf-ball-sized chunks. Slightly flatten the balls and stamp.
6. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until lightly brown.
7. Remove from oven and leave for a couple of minutes to harden, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
8. Enjoy your homemade cookies