After Wednesday evenings watching The Great British Bake Off we find that we get a little hungry and inspired by what goes on and fancy baking our own yummy treats.
Have a craving for cookies? Why not try our very own, easy recipe and use our custom cookie stamp for a personalised touch!
250 g butter,
140 g caster sugar,
1/2 tsp salt,
1/2 tsp baking powder,
300 g plain flour,
1 egg yolk,
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 190ºC (gas mark 5).
2. Sift together plain flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
3. Mix in butter and blend until mixture is crumbly. Stir in egg yolk and vanilla essence. Blend well. Chill dough for one hour for better cookies.
4. Regularly sprinkle work surface and your stamp with flour.
5. Separate dough into golf-ball-sized chunks. Slightly flatten the balls and stamp.
6. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until lightly brown.
7. Remove from oven and leave for a couple of minutes to harden, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
8. Enjoy your homemade cookies 🙂
Also in Letteroom’s kitchen we have the Message Rolling pin! Which is the perfect gift for anyone who wants to add some personality to their pies – the pin comes with three silicone washable wraps stating either ‘Bite me’, ‘Secret Recipe’ or ‘Made with Love’.